Blockchain/Cloud Devops Engineer
Alex Tosney is recruiting for a Blockchain/ Cloud DevOps Engineer to join a start-up research organisation looking to lead the development and adoption of decentralised web technologies and framework. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fully funded start-up organisation in a permanent position to drive the development of blockchain technology.
The main purpose of the role will be to assist teams on making the platform components production-ready and provide support on IT related issues.
Other duties will include to:
- Participate in on-call rotation, failure resolution, post-mortem analysis and prevention through automation.
- Take ownership of the different infrastructure-as-code components that build up the platform, adapting them to the evolution of the given requirements.
- Define automated tools to help the products be timely adapted to end-user requirements, including CI/CD pipelines.
- Continuously improve the observability of the system and the feedback loops for getting information about potential problems before they happen.
- Design automated disaster-recovery mechanisms.
- Prometheus, alertmanager and grafana: create service monitors, write alert rules, create dashboards and panels.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Experience designing and maintaining scalable, resilient, performant and observable systems.
- On-call experience: participation in ops-duty rotations, incident response and post-mortem analysis and prevention.
- A systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Solid background in software development.
- Experience or willingness to learn about cloud-native technologies: kubernetes, Helm, prometheus, Google Cloud Platform, DigitalOcean and Azure.
- Interest and background in decentralized technologies, especially blockchain.
- Experience using Terraform with a test-driven infrastructure approach.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Alex Tosney on 0041 (0) 41 7276 793 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference 46150 in all correspondence.