Fermentation Biotechnologist in Basel
Alex Tosney is recruiting for a Fermentation Biotechnologist to join a company in the food industry at their site based in Basel on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Plan, design and perform fermentation related experimental plans in support of physiological characterisation of metabolically engineered microbial strains and process development within a cross-functional team structure.
- Provide leadership for the development of industrial media and fermentation processes for piloting and commercial operations.
- Develop fermentation processes using scale down models to predict process performance at manufacturing scale.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Processing transfer to CMOs, involving on-site support.
- Partnering with production for troubleshooting, identifying and implementing productivity improvements for the production process.
- Documenting of experimental data, preparing of technical reports, communicating of findings to relevant stakeholders.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Ph.D. in Microbiology, Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnology, or related disciplines, with previous working experience in an industrial setting, ideally including interaction with industrial/commercial partners.
- Strong knowledge of microbial systems, physiology and cellular metabolism.
- Experience in the physiological characterization of microbial organisms using bench-scale bioreactors, including batch, fed-batch and continuous processes.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Alex Tosney on +41 (0) 782 508 443 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 46704 in all correspondence.