Head of Cryptography Research
Alex Tosney is recruiting for a Head of Research to join a start-up research organisation looking to lead the development and adoption of decentralised web technologies and framework. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fully funded start-up organisation in a permanent leadership position to drive the development of blockchain technology.
The main purpose of the role will be to set the research agenda and organise collaborations with external developers to further technology progress within decentralised web technologies and cryptography research. This is a high profile position with a recognisable name in the technology sector, as such this position will represent the organisation and sector at conferences.
Other duties will include to:
- Ensure alignment and productivity of the research team members.
- Keep an overview of research topics and participate in research when needed.
- Initiate and manage research collaborations.
- Manage composition of the research team including identifying hiring needs.
- Coordinate efforts to deliver high quality research papers along with good internal documentation.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Postdoc or professor level experience in Mathematics, Theoretical Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent background.
- Experience contributing to research communities that require mathematical rigor, preferably including proofs of security and correctness.
- Experience designing cryptographic protocols or distributed algorithms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Alex Tosney on 0041 (0) 41 7276 793 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 46149 in all correspondence.