Head of Fermentation in Basel-Land
Alex Tosney is recruiting for a Head of Fermentation to join an innovative company within the food industry at their site based in Basel-Land on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Lead a team of fermentation scientists and research associates.
- Manage and coordinate complex experimental schedules across multiple projects.
- Complete rigorous quality control of fermentation experiments.
- Maintain, analyse, and report on data to different teams, including external stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot and improve production processes.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining safe practices and work environment.
- Tracking and resolving technical challenges at scale.
- Leading continuous improvement in the fermentation process development area to improve process robustness and performance.
- Working closely with other teams (strain engineering, analytical chemistry, down-stream processing and operations) to advance in the commercialization of different projects.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- PhD, or MS in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or equivalent.
- Previous experience with a proven track record of accomplishments in bio-industrial settings.
- Solid experience with bench-top, pilot plant, and commercial scale bioreactor operations under batch, fed-batch and continuous cultivation mode.- Solid experience in bioprocess scale-up and -down in industrial settings.
- Strong knowledge of microbial systems, physiology, metabolism and nutritional requirements.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to deliver results on schedule in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to join leading company food industry.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Alex Tosney on 0041 (0) 782 508443 or email email@example.com. Please could you send any correspondence in English. Please quote reference 46701 in all correspondence.