Head of Manufacturing in Basel-Land
Alex Tosney is recruiting for a Head of Manufacturing to join an innovative company within the food industry at their site based in Basel-Land on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of the role will be to be responsible to further develop our CMO network and to ensure that production schedules meet forecasted market demands. You will also manage the tech transfer activities to various manufacturing sites and work with internal staff to design and coordinate further the development and improvement of our production processes.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Lead and manage all manufacturing operations
- Establish appropriate manufacturing operations systems and processes
- Provide oversight of tech transfer and scale up of production processes
- Resolve production issues quickly and effectively
- Implementing continuous improvement processes and techniques
Ensure production output meets the needs of the business i.e. timely delivery to meet commercial and quality targets
Develop, monitor and control budgets, resources and capital expenditures
- Provide strategic planning and leadership to ensure a sustainable cost-effective manufacturing and supply chain is in place
- Develop a strong working relationship and manage the interaction with our CMOs by providing assistance and guidance
- Further develop network of CMOs, always led by improvements in efficiency and cost savings
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- MS degree in Chemical / Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent, with relevant manufacturing experience
- Experience managing outside contract manufacturing groups and production activities
- In-depth technical knowledge of biotechnology plant operations
- Extensive knowledge of taking products from R&D through the upscaling process
- Broad knowledge of industrialisation principles and technical risks during process scaleup/technical transfer
- Experience in decreasing the cost of manufacture and arriving at profitable COGS for the commercial product
This is an excellent opportunity to join leading company food industry.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Alex Tosney on 0041 (0) 782 508443 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please could you send any correspondence in English. Please quote reference 46703 in all correspondence.