QLS are recruiting for a Scientist Cryo-Electron Microscopy to join a project with a fast growing Company based in Aargau on a permanent basis.
Aim of the position:
They are seeking a highly motivated, creative, bench-oriented scientist who will be part of an interdisciplinary and international team working on exciting projects. Within the EM Team, the applicant will work on membrane protein structure determination projects using cryo-EM as primary method. Furthermore, you will further develop electron microscopy methods, especially with respect of sample vitrification and evaluation using emerging new technologies and contribute to the elucidation of membrane protein-ligand cryo-EM structures.
- Establish protocols for membrane protein vitrification using conventional and emerging technologies.
- Perform membrane protein sample vitrification optimization making use of tight interaction with membrane protein purification experts and own expertisein protein purification and formulation technologies.
- Cryo-EM grid quality inspection, for assessment of optimal ice quality and particle distribution using our in-house screening electron microscope.
- Collect and determine structures to investigate apo and potential drug ligand molecule interaction in high resolution cryo-EM structures.
- Contribute to the further development of the EM capabilities by keeping up to date with the new and emerging scientific innovations.
- Analyse, reportand present data to project teams, clients or supervisors in an organized and dynamic way, enabling efficient project decision making.
- As project leader, be responsible and have the scientific merits to coordinate, organize as well as perform designated projects.
- Direct work interaction and collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team of scientists.
- PhD in a relevant subject area such as protein biochemistry and structural biology is mandatory.
- Hands-on experience in biochemistry and cryo-electron microscopy (protein purification, sample vitrification, sample screening and electron microscope operation) is mandatory.
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in cryo-EM and post-doc experience is preferred.
- Proficiency with cryo-EM software packages (CryoSPARC, RELION, EMAN2, Coot, Phenix, etc…) is highly recommended.
- Hands-on experience on membrane protein biochemistry is an asset.
- Knowledge on membrane protein formulation optimization (nanodiscs, amphipols, etc…) and experience with various vitrification systems is an advantage.
- Previous working experience in an industrial or biotech setting is considered a plus.
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative environment, coordinate complex and time-sensitive experiments with multiple partners (colleagues, facilities, clients, etc..).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills as well as fluency in English are essential.
For more information or to apply for thisposition, please contact Adrien on 0041 (0) 800 106 106 or email email@example.com. Please could you send any correspondence in English. Please quote reference QLS 00053543 in all correspondence.