Senior Biochemist in Basel
Alex Tosney is recruiting for a Senior Biochemist to join a company in the food industry at their site based in Basel on a permanent basis.
Our client is seeking a motivated scientist with a strong background in enzymology, biochemistry or a related discipline, with the main focus on enzyme characterisation, optimisation and evolution. The successful candidate will have demonstrated outstanding inter-disciplinary problem solving and scientific analytical skills, with a strong interest in the pursuit of successful projects. This position will require a self-motivating, results-oriented researcher, who will thrive in a fast-paced environment where priorities will change regularly.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Providing biochemical and biophysical expertise to currently running programs
- Contributing hands-on to strain development projects by providing enzyme engineering and optimization activities
- Providing insight and technical knowhow required for successful project progression
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Ph.D. degree in Enzymology/Biochemistry or a related discipline, with post-doctoral research experience. Experience in an industrial environment is a plus
- Thorough understanding of enzyme kinetics and structure activity relationship
- Familiarity with metabolic pathways and systems biology
- Experience with detailed enzyme characterization, optimization, rational mutagenesis and evolution
- Experience in mechanistic enzymology, molecular characterizations of protein/enzyme activity or function
- Knowledge of modern molecular biology techniques
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Alex Tosney on +41 (0) 782 508 443 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference 46705 in all correspondence.