Senior Statistical Programmer in Basel, Switzerlan
Senior Statistical Programmer - Basel, Switzerland
Jocelyn Blackham is recruiting for a Senior Statistical Programmer to join a rapidly growing biopharmaceutical company at their site based in Basel on contract basis for 12 months with the strong possibility of extension.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Implement and use of programs to effectively analyze and report clinical trial data.
- Support the implementation of computerized systems/tools that can facilitate the trials/projects data analysis, handling and flow, including the handling of organizational aspects.
- Define project and trial analysis databases. Inform and suggest solutions to the statistician on critical issues within the project.
- Perform the programming for trial or project specific data reports and statistical evaluations in agreement with the statistician and the statistical analysis plan according to the project quality requirements.
- Discuss data presentation methods with the appropriate members of the clinical team / clinical trial team.
- Inform and suggest solutions to the biostatistics head on critical programming issues within the project.
- Perform the programming for standard and special analyses and provides the appropriate members of the clinical team / clinical trial team with trial or project specific listings, summary tabulations and graphics.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Maintains up-to-date documentation for the reporting, analysis and graphics software that is under his responsibility.
- Provides technical advice and support to other team members.
- Inform and suggest solutions to the lead programmer or therapeutic area lead on critical programming issues within the project.
- Assess, recommend and contribute to the development of new standards, policies and procedures.
- Supports computerized systems/subsystems implementation that facilitate the handling and the documentation of trial specific or project specific CRF or non-CRF data, including data flow monitoring and reporting tools, according to the project quality requirements.
- In agreement with the statistician, designs and implements trial and project analysis database structures and programs the algorithms that are to be applied to the data for the conversion between different database structures.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in mathematics, informatics or related disciplines.
- Excellent knowledge of programming languages (SAS mandatory) and of data management principles and tools.
- Previous experience in programming of which at least three within a pharmaceutical company or a clinical research organization.
- Knowledge of international clinical research regulations and requirements (including CDISC).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication and management/coaching skills.
- Must be able to work according to timelines and achieve project deadlines.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an exciting organisation with lots of potential.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Jocelyn Blackham on +41 (0) 417276793 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference QLS43940 in all correspondence.