Biostatistician - Zurich
Biostatistician - Zurich
Jocelyn Blackham is recruiting for a Biostatistician to join a pharmaceutical company specialising within the gastrointestinal area at their site based in Zurich on a contract basis for 6 months, with the likeliness of extension.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Understand and have the ability to use advanced statistical methods used in clinical trial data analyses
- Support post-hoc exploratory analyses of the IBD pivotal programs
- Support Real World Evidence (RWE) study design (Claims/EMR, Chart review, PRO, prospective observational study) and data analysis
- Support interventional Medical Affairs Company Sponsored (MACS) study design and analyses
- Specify statistical terms, equations for derived variables and algorithms for analysis
- Produce statistical analysis outputs, for example tables, listings or graphs, in a timely and collaborative fashion
- Collaborate on statistical methodology with medical and scientific team members and provides statistical interpretation of results with the aim of applying to clinical use of data
- Be accountable for writing statistical analysis sections of protocols including Statistical Analysis Plans (SAPs) with full documentation, in addition to reviewing protocols for scientific integrity
- Review programing of electronic case report forms to ensure that protocol design objectives are met and protocol standards are maintained
- Collaborate closely with medical and scientific directors, external Thought Leaders and Publication Managers in the timely production of high quality manuscripts for publication in peer reviewed journals
- Ensure all statistical work is processed on time to appropriate quality levels
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- MSc in Biostatistics or similar is required (or equivalent)
- Previous experience within a pharmaceutical environment is desired
- Experience within the GI / IBD therapeutic
- Basic principles of applied biostatistics
- Programming experience
- Experience in the use of clinical statistical software, particularly SAS programming skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company within the pharmaceutical field.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Jocelyn Blackham on 0041 (0) 417276793 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference QLS44124 in all correspondence.