QLS are recruiting for a Chemist II to join a Global Biopharmaceutical company based in Lucerne on a 12 months contract (80 - 100%).
Main responsibilities include:
- Carrying out crystallization experiments on a scale from 5 ml to 1 L, as well as filtration and drying experiments
- Analyze solid and liquid samples using on-line, in situ techniques such as ATR-FTIR, FBRM, PVM and Raman spectroscopy as well as off-line, ex-situ techniques such as GC, XRPD, scanning electron microscopy, laser diffraction, DSC, TGA, dynamic water sorption and BET
- Documenting the corresponding results in English
- Organization and execution of maintenance work on analytical equipment
- Disposal of chemicals in accordance with company instructions
- Ordering and inventory of laboratory chemicals
- Collaboration with engineers, technicians and external service providers
- Representation in the SGU (Safety, Health and Environment) Group
- Bachelor's degree inchemistry or pharmaceutical technology; several years of professional experience may be an advantage
- Basic knowledge of crystallization desirable
- Good MS Office user skills and a high affinity for complex IT systems
- Strong willingness tolearn and independence
- Team-oriented and open personality
- Fluent written and spoken German and English (B2/C1)
- Working hours relatively flexible between 7-18h; start of work no later than 8:30.
- The employee comes to the office and receives a procedure from the manager. The procedures are usually handed over as a document. They can be single or a series of experiments. After studying the procedure, the next steps are discussed with the manager if necessary (max. 30 minutes)
- Employee prepares everything in the laboratory and carries out the experiment independently. The protocol is recorded at the same time as the experimental activities.
- Around 11-12 a.m.: First check with the manager, in which deviations are reported and resolved with the manager.
- 12-13 o'clock: (flexible) lunch break
- 13 End of work: Continue experiments, perform and schedule equipment maintenance, place orders for lab chemicals and lab supplies, etc.
- The employee completes the experiment from the previous day. Solid and liquid analyses are carried out.
- The results are documented and discussed with the manager
- The employee is either given a new procedure that has been developed from the previous results and is to be implemented experimentally, or starts the next experiment in the series.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Adrien on 0041 (0) 800 106 106 or email email@example.com. Please could you send any correspondence in English. Please quote job reference 56285 in all correspondence.