QLS are recruiting for a DSP Scientist to join an important project with a growing CDMO Company at their site based in Monthey in Le Valais on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of the role will be:
- Planning and execution of DSP development/characterization of biosimilar/biologics drug substance in pre-clinical and clinical phases including development of scale-down models and scale-up procedures, reporting to the Head of DSP.
- Execution of generic purifications at lab scale and mid-scale levels to deliver purified proteins according to expected specifications, including production of non-GMP lots for Tox studies.
- Writing of protocols, reports, recording, management and evaluation of raw data/analyses/results, forming of sound scientific conclusions and providing suitable follow-up activities.
- Development and optimization of DSP methods/processes, implementation of new technologies, search/utilization of knowledge from scientific and technical literature.
- Leading DSPactivities within project technical teams to deliver purified material for internal and/or external client.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Prompt communication of achievements, risks, issues in all areas and contribution to root cause investigations and troubleshooting.
- Maintenance of high standards of quality, cleanliness, and organization within the laboratory environment.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
Strong knowledge in downstream processing concepts and implementation strategies (e.g., buffer preparation, chromatography, TFF, Kr2i/Akta systems).
Strong knowledge and solid hands-on experience in chromatography-based protein purification (e.g., affinity, ion-exchange) and filtration-based separation methods for biologics.
Knowledge in high-throughput DSP development and DoE is a plus (software Design-Expert).
- Scientifically curious, proactive, willing to learn, flexible, and with attention to details.
- Problem-solving and hands-on approach to work.
Autonomous and able to work both independently and as part of a multicultural team within a matrix organization.
Ability to adapt to changes in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills. Good written and oral for both French & English languages.
- Minimum B.Sc., M.Sc. preferred or PhD. in Biotechnology, Biology, Chemistry or related field.• At least 3 years (PhD. / M.Sc.) or 5 years (B.Sc.) of relevant experience in DSP development and/or manufacturing.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Adrien on 0041 (0) 800 106 106 or email email@example.com. Please could you send any correspondence in English. Please quote reference 50910 in all correspondence.