EHS & Facility Manager in Basel
Jocelyn at CK QLS is recruiting for a Health and Safety & Facilities Manager to join a company in the Adhesives and advanced materials industry at their site based in Basel on a permanent basis.
Our client is a market leader in the advanced materials market with a worldwide client base and employees all over the globe.
The role is based at our client's site in Basel which is easily commutable from France and Germany and is a state of the art facility that houses their global R&D team at a facility close to the city centre.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Implement and administer health, safety and environmental policies, procedures, and practices to meet requirements supporting business needs.
- Ensure that all activities on the site are conducted in compliance with current legislation and internal standards and ensure that relevant staff are aware of legal obligations.
- Devise and maintain systems to enable all relevant reports to be made to the Health and Safety Executive, the Environment Agency, and divisional and corporate management regarding accidents, incidents and hazardous occurrences and routine monitoring.
- Ensure that the Emergency Response Team is fully manned and trained and that site emergency procedures are kept up-to-date and relevant to the site operations.
- Promote and take leadership in regards of safe attitudes and behaviors at all levels by supporting line management in planning and carrying out appropriate training and publicity.
- Ensure Continuous Business Improvement in all EHS & Facility Management activities.
- Lead the provision and administration of the site facilities.
- Represent the site in respect EHS & Facility Management with third parties, including neighbours and regulatory bodies (e.g. HSE, Environment Agency).
- Deputizing for the Site Manager.
You will be an experienced EHS professional with expertise gained in the Chemical or a closely associated sector.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Jocelyn on +41 (0)41417276793 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference QLS 44472 in all correspondence.