Fermentation Scientist in Basel
Fermentation Scientist - Basel
Alex Tosney is recruiting for a Fermentation Scientist to join a company in the food industry at their site based in Basel on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Characterize newly developed strains as well as developing fermentation processes.
- Manage and coordinate all the activities that fall-upon the fermentation team, as well for the technical well-functioning and development of the fermentation platform.
- Communicate efficiently with scientists in the strain engineering, downstream and analytical teams.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical and critical fermentation support to internal teams.
- Communicating efficiently with scientists in the strain engineering, downstream and analytical teams.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- M.Sc. or higher academic degree in Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology or Biology with emphasis on fermentation.
- Solid experience in fermentation, including batch-, fed-batch- and continuous processes, microbial physiology, with both yeast and bacteria.
- Previous working experience in industry, ideally including interaction with industrial/commercial partners.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Alex Tosney on +41 (0) 782 508 443 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference 45695 in all correspondence.