CK QLS are recruiting for a Fermentation Scientist to join a Biotech company that develops and commercializes ingredients for use in food at their site in Basel, this role is offered on a permanent basis.
Fermentation Scientist Role:
- Designingand execution of fermentation related experimental plans in support of physiological characterisation of metabolically engineered microbial strains as well as bioprocess development within a cross-functional team structure.
- Designing and optimization of fermentation processes suited for industrial scale-up.
- Development of fermentation processes using scale-down models to predict process performance at manufacturing scale.
- Contribution to project plans, timelines and technical scope of existing and new projects.
- Documentation of experimental data, preparation of technical reports, communication of findings to relevant stakeholders.
- Conducting review of literature, making recommendations for application to current processes.Your Background:
- M.Sc. or higher academic degree in Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology or Biology with emphasis on Microbial Fermentation and Bioprocessing.
- Holding a Ph.D. focused on a Microbial Fermentation or Bioprocessing related topic would be advantageous.
- Solid experience in microbial fermentation, including batch, fed-batch and continuous cultivation using both yeast and bacteria, as well as microbial physiology.
- Knowledge of microbiology, DNA technologies, metabolic engineering, biochemistry, fluxanalysis, Design of Experiments (DOE) and screening techniques is an advantage.
- Good communicative skills and an outgoing personality. Fluent in English (orally and in writing).
Apply: For more information or to applyfor this Fermentation Scientist, please contact Dennis Beltman on +41 (0) 800 106 106 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 49436.
Please could you send any correspondence in English.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in Switzerland.