CK QLS are recruiting for a Fermentation Technician to join a Biotech company that develops and commercializes ingredients for use in food at their site in Basel, this role is offered on a permanent basis.
Fermentation Technician Role:
- Preparation, set-up, monitor and control bench-scale bioreactors (2 to 5L).
- Off-line analysis of fermentation samples using among others spectrophotometer, HPLC, GC and pH meter.
- Analyse and organize fermentation data, and summarize key results.
- Perform safety and maintenance checks on equipment.
- Keep inventory of lab supplies and chemicals and keep them stocked by placing purchase orders.
- B.S. degree in Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related discipline with a minimum of one-year experience in a research laboratory setting.
- Ability and desire to execute experimental plans independently.
- Experience in the fermentation field as well as hands-on experiencein aseptic handing of microorganisms will be a strong advantage.
- Flexible, ready to adapt quickly as company priorities change.
- Knowledge of analytical methods, such as GC and HPLC, is an advantage.
- Required to work on some weekends.
Apply: For more information or to apply for this Fermentation Technician, please contact Dennis Beltman on +41 (0) 800 106 106 or email email@example.com, quoting job ref 49435.
Please could you send any correspondence in English.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in Switzerland.