Human Factors Expert - Basel
Jocelyn Blackham is recruiting for a Human Factorsl Expert to join a global Medical Device organisation at their site based in Basel on a contract basis for 6 months.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Support planning, execution and reporting of human factors studies and user interface design, according to current regulations and guidelines within the medical device and pharmaceutical industries.
- Provide human factors support/documentation throughout the product development lifecycle including user needs identification, development of user profiles and use scenarios, task analysis, use-related risk analysis, generation of hardware and software design concepts, user interface design and instructions for use.
- Plan and execute formative and summative user studies, reporting and presenting design recommendations to the project team.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Supporting use related risk analysis during product development.
- Supporting IFU design and development.
- Close collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders (e.g. risk management, Drug Regulatory Affairs, clinical development…).
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Bachelor's or Master degree in engineering, ergonomics, human factors, usability or related discipline.
- Excellent skills in English, verbal and written are required. Other language skills, e.g. French, German are advantageous.
- Good understanding of medical devices development processes in general.
Specific knowledge on applying Human Factors Engineering processes to medical device development from concept generation to health authority submission.
Experience in managing external suppliers for user studies (formative and summative studies).
- Good understanding of the risk management activities.
- Good communication and problem solving in the team and across organizational boundaries.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading company in its field.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Jocelyn Blackham on 0041 (0) 782 516 595 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please could you send any correspondence in English. Please quote reference 47270 in all correspondence.