Medical Director - Solothurn
Jocelyn Blackham is recruiting for a Medical Director to join a leading Medical Device organisation delivering services in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, neuro, and biomaterials. This role is offered on a 6 month contract at the company's site in the Canton of Solothurn.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Lead a team of clinical research professionals to develop evidence generation strategies and, through transparent leadership, develop a high -performing team with a global culture
- Be accountable for all Clinical R&D activities
- Provide critical technical and strategic expertise in the assessment of NPD projects and opportunities identified through the Innovation Centers, including potential investment and acquisition opportunities, to shape business strategy
- Lead team of clinical research professionals to develop and deliver appropriate Global Evidence Generation and Dissemination Strategies (EGS / EDS) to support New Product Development and Life-Cycle Management within the assigned platforms, with collaborative relationships with all relevant cross-functional partners (e.g. Global and Regional Marketing, Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, G-HEMA/EBM, R&D, etc), ensuring cross- functional alignment
- Enable optimized engagement leading to delivery of clinical project commitments (delivery on time, within budget and in compliance with regulations and SOP)
- Lead team of clinical research scientists to design appropriate clinical trials to meet the NPD / LCM needs
- Lead clinical scientific discussions with regulatory agencies / notified bodies to drive support of the clinical and regulatory strategy, including proposed clinical investigations; review process of clinical evidence generated for marketing authorization, line extensions, etc, including during sponsor regulatory inspections and MDR compliance.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A relevant qualification in Biological Science or a related discipline with previous experience within a Scientific / Technical role
- Previous leadership and management experience within Clinical Research is essential
- Previous people management experience is desired
- A thorough understanding of clinical trial regulations across multiple regions; including the EU MDR is required
- Proven track record in delivering clinical programs within clinical / surgical research setting, on time, within budget and i n compliance to SOPs and regulations
- Ability to build and lead a team of scientists to provide scientifically rigorous strategic and scientific clinical research input across NPD and LCM projects
- Strong leadership skills, the ability to influence, shape and lead without direct reporting authority
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global specialist Medical Device company.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Jocelyn Blackham on +41 (0) 417276793 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference QLS43610 in all correspondence.