CK QLS are recruiting for a Pharmacovigilance Specialist to join a global biopharmaceutical company at their site based in Lucerne on a contract basis for 12 months.
Company: This company is a leading global biopharmaceutical company which has been engaged in life science research for more than a century, developing drugs and vaccines for the most challenging diseases worldwide.
Only candidates based in Switzerland with a valid permit / right to work will be considered for this position**
Fluent English and German (B2-C1) and conversational French (B1+) is essential for this role**
Location: This Pharmacovigilance Specialist role will be based at our clients site in Lucerne.
Pharmacovigilance Specialist Role:
- Responsible for day-to-day adverse events case management including case intake, tracking, translation to English (as applicable), acknowledgments, and follow-up activities in accordance with PV procedures and country regulations.
- Responsible for reporting adverse experiences or events (AE) or product quality complaints (PQCs) associated with the use of our company products in compliance with Corporate Policy 01: Patient Safety
- Supports local PV audits and inspections including readiness activities and supports audits of business partners/vendors including the development of CAPAs in response to findings/observations as assigned
- Health, Life Science, or Medical Science degree or equivalent by education/experience.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- General knowledge of relevant PV regulations.
- Excellence in German or English are essential (oral and written). Good French skills are a required.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize assignments.
Apply: For more information or to apply for this Pharmacovigilance Specialist position, please contact Jocelyn on 0041 (0) 800 106 106 or email email@example.com, quoting job ref 54151.
Please send all of yourcorrespondence in English.
Benefits of this role include a hybrid working model, with 2 days in the office per week (after the onboarding process) as well as paid holiday entitlement of 25 days + (depending on age).
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the country where the services will be delivered.