Product Development Engineer
Product Development Engineer - Basel CK QLS are recruiting for a dynamic candidate to join an innovative Medical Device company at their site based in Basel on a permanent basis.
Product Development Engineer Role: The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Lead and coordinate development projects in line with internal processes.
- Develop new products in cooperation with brand management, sales and customers.
- Translate user needs and input from markets into technical specifications.
- Ensure communication with stakeholders.
- Establish documents according the product development process, maintain DHF.
- Design models and establish technical drawings as well as 3D graphics.
- Evaluate technical solutions and performance of feasibility studies.
- Establish and coordinate verification and validation activities.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Supporting production and suppliers during design transfer (production scale-up) activities.
- Ensuring continuous technical product surveillance.
- Supporting brand managers in technical questions.
- Traveling activity (ca. 20%).
Your Background: In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Master degree in Mechanical Engineering, Bioengineering, or related field of study.
- Several years (5+) experience in development of medical device products, preferably within the dental field.
- Proven track record in managing complexinternational projects.
- Thorough knowledge of product development, manufacturing and testing.
- Knowledge of specific development tools (e.g. FMEA, design of experiments, tolerance analysis, analysis of mechanical properties, statistical analysis).
- Sound knowledge of standards and regulations (MDR, FDA, ISO).
- Profound knowledge in 3D CAD, preferably SolidWorks.
- Proficiency in MS Office, knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Effective and convincing communication skills, both verbally and in writing, fluent in English and German is required. Additional languages are a plus.
Benefits: What you will get:
- Challenging job in an exciting environment.
- International employer with team oriented working atmosphere.
- Attractive employment conditions.
Apply: For more information or to apply for this Product Development Engineer position, please contact Adrien on 0041 (0) 78 250 85 35 or email email@example.com, quoting job ref 49398.
Please could you send any correspondence in English.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in Switzerland.