Senior Statistician in Basel
Senior Statistician - Basel
Jocelyn Blackham is recruiting for a Senior Statistician to join a company in the rapidly growing pharmaceutical company at their site based just outside of Basel on a contract basis until the end of 2019.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Be responsible for all biostatistical aspects of the project and/or trial, the statistician is assigned to.
- Interact with authorities statisticians to set and/or defend decisions on statistical issues for the project, the statistician is assigned to.
- Inform and suggest solutions to the statistics head on critical issues within the project.
- Discuss protocol and CRF with the authors and members of the clinical team/clinical trial team.
- Write or supervise the writing of the statistical section of the protocol stating the hypothesis, defining the planned analysis, primary and secondary variables, time periods, interim analysis specifications, intent-to-treat population and explaining the statistical basis for the choice of sample size.
- Verify the consistency of the protocol with the CRF.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining up-to-date project and trial documentation including that of presentation and analyses.
- Verify adherence to statistical standards and SOPs within the project.
- Supporting and leading continuous development and improvement of statistics and programming processes.
- Ensuring appropriate statistical planning, analysis and reporting of one or more assigned clinical studies, development programs or drug submission dossier.
- Provide resource plans and timelines for deliverables for assigned projects.
- Provide statistical education to other functions.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- University degree (or equivalent) in mathematics, statistics or related disciplines.
- Good knowledge of statistical software (at least SAS®) and of data management principles and tools.
- Strong knowledge and expertise in statistics and its applications to clinical trials.
- Knowledge of international clinical research regulations and requirements.
- Previous experience as statistician in clinical development in pharmaceutical industry or clinical research organizations.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well established, growing pharmaceutical company.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Jocelyn on 0041 (0) 782516595 email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please could you send any correspondence in English. Please quote reference 45049 in all correspondence.