Senior Technician Protein Purification
QLS are recruiting for a Senior Laboratory Technician Biochemistry to join a Growing Biotech start-up based in Aargau on a permanent basis.
The company: The company is a rapidly growing biotech company focusing on solving structures of membraneprotein drug targets (e.g. GPCRs, ion-channels and transporters) for the discovery and optimization of next-generation medicines. Based on a unique platform for membrane protein expression, purification and engineering, and preferential access to synchrotron and free electron laser (SLS/SwissFEL) beamlines for X-ray analysis and cryo-EM facilities, they characterize the interaction of small molecules and biotherapeutics with drug targets in time to impact the discovery of novel therapeutics.The position: You will be part of an interdisciplinary team of researchers working on the company proprietary, as well as partnered projects within a highly collaborative international environment. The successful candidate will perform protein biochemistry to provide high quality membrane protein samples for structural and biophysical studies.
Key tasks and responsibilities: The successful candidate will be expected to work within a dynamic team that values transparency, integrity, reliability, and a passion for science to create benefits for the patients. Key duties include:
- Purification of membrane proteins using a variety of chromatographic methods including affinity, ion exchange and size exclusion chromatography
- Monitoring of protein quality using analytical methods including fluorescence-size exclusion chromatography, SDS-PAGE, Western blotting, and in-gel fluorescence
- Documentation of laboratory work and participation in data analysis, use of electronic lab note book for data recording
- Laboratory organization and maintenance of supplies and equipment
Contribution to scientific research on membrane proteins for drug discovery within an experienced team Candidate’s requirements:
Applicants shouldhave an apprenticeship as laboratory technician and at least 10 years hands-on experience with protein purification and standard protein analytical techniques
- Profound experience with HPLC and Äkta instrument handling is required
- Previous experience with membrane protein biochemistry and work experience in industry is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English are essential, knowledge of German would be advantageous.
Apply: For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Adrien on 0041 (0) 800 106 106 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please could you send any correspondence in English. Please quote job reference 55117 in all correspondence.