Senior Technician Protein Purification
QLS are recruiting for a Senior Laboratory Technician Protein Biochemistry to join a fast-growing start-up based in the canton of Aargau on a permanent basis.
The company is a rapidly growing biotech company focusing on solving structures of membrane protein drug targets (e.g. GPCRs, ion-channels and transporters) for the discovery and optimization of next-generation medicines. Based on a unique platform for membrane protein expression, purification and engineering, and preferential access to synchrotron and free electron laser (SLS/SwissFEL) beamlines for X-ray analysis and cryo-EM facilities, they characterize the interaction of small molecules and biotherapeutics with drug targets in time to impact the discovery of novel therapeutics.
You will be part of an interdisciplinary team of researchers working on the company proprietary, as well as partnered projects within a highly collaborative international environment. The successful candidatewill perform protein biochemistry to provide high quality membrane protein samples for structural and biophysical studies.
The successful candidate will be expected to work within a dynamic team that values transparency, integrity, reliability, and a passion for science to create benefits for the patients.
Key duties include:
- Purification of membrane proteins using a variety of chromatographic methods including affinity, ion exchange and size exclusion chromatography
- Monitoring of protein quality using analytical methods including fluorescence-size exclusion chromatography, SDS-PAGE, Western blotting, and in-gel fluorescence
- Documentation of laboratory work and participation in data analysis, use of electronic labnote book for data recording
- Laboratory organization and maintenance of supplies and equipment
- Contribution to scientific research on membrane proteins for drug discovery within an experienced team
- Applicants should have an apprenticeship as laboratory technician and at least 10 years hands-on experience with protein purification and standard protein analytical techniques
- Profound experience with HPLC and Äkta instrument handling is required
- Previous experience with membrane protein biochemistry and work experience in industry is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English are essential, knowledge of German would be advantageous.
- You will be working for an innovative company aiming to discover new generation medicine
- You will be working with state-of-art technologies
- You will be working in a supportive and dynamic team
- Share options bonus
For more information or to apply for thisposition, please contact Adrien on 0041 (0) 800 106 106 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please could you send any correspondence in English. Please quote job reference 56207 in all correspondence.