Supplier Sourcing Manager in Zuchwil, Switzerland
Supplier Sourcing Manager - Zuchwil
Alex Tosney is recruiting for a Supplier Sourcing Manager to join a global medical device company at their site based in Zuchwil on a contract basis until the end of the year.
The main purpose of the role will be to lead the supplier selection process and provide overall coordination, facilitation and enable of programs that will drive best practice within direct material and externally manufactured categories.
Other duties will include to:
- Lead business stakeholder engagement for franchise NPD/ R&D groups in the selection, evaluation and qualification of suppliers of materials and services including Instruments, cases/trays, Electrical Components, Plastics, Metals, Chemicals, Packaging, External Manufacturing, and selected services for all assigned projects.
- Support multiple NPD projects simultaneously across multiple businesses, global procurement categories, and geographies.
- Partner with procurement category teams and senior leaders in R&D to identify unmet needs to drive the execution of sourcing strategies and innovative supplier solutions aligned to the franchise technology roadmap.
- Lead multiple complex supplier negotiations simultaneously. Coordinate with key stakeholders, drive terms that are favourable for company, and lead transition of stabilized products, contracts and suppliers to base business and category sourcing teams.
- Lead SOURCE due diligence and transaction support for the business development teams for both product supply/distribution and acquisition activities.
- Optimize quality, supply reliability, NPD supplier performance, innovation and cost through early supplier engagement during product development.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- University degree (ideally MSC) in a relevant subject.
- Experience in a procurement role with track record in sourcing and supplier management.• Self-starter, able to take initiative and make things happen.
- Extremely self-motivated and independent, willing to bring results.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders.
- Project management skills.
- Previous experience in a global company mandatory.
- Medical Devices/Med-tech experience greatly appreciated.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading medical device company.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Alex Tosney on 01246 457718 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 45026 in all correspondence.