CK Group are recruiting for a Toxicologist to join a company in the Medical Device industry at their site based in Oberdorf on a permanent basis.
Toxicologist Role: The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Evaluate medical device products andcombination products for safety as per US and internal procedures and as per the ISO 10993 Standard series.
- Contribute to strategy documents, initiation of material characterization studies, in vitro and in vivo study design and final toxicological and biocompatibility reports where necessary to support Johnson and Johnson medical device products for registration.
- Evaluate gaps in both testing and safety supporting information and traceability of product testing to existing product.
- Establish toxicological safety assessments for materials, chemical and product constituents the ensure materials safety for pre-marketed and marketed medical device products.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing, designing, implementing, & analyzing testing systems, procedures & test results for biocompatibility/toxicology evaluation for all JNJ MD materials & products.
- Summarizing & interpreting raw data from reports & supports coordination of central documentation proceduresrequired for reports.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Minimum of a Doctoral degree (e.g. PhD, PharmD, MD or equivalent degree) in Toxicology, Biology ora related scientific field is required.
- Board Certification in ATS, DABT, DACVP, or related certification is preferred but not required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in biocompatibility and/or toxicology in a medical device, pharmaceutical, and/or consumer product industry is required.
- Strong understanding of toxicology & biocompatibility risk assessment for medical devices; conduct & interpretation of in vivo and in vitro studies; quality procedures; ISO, GLPS & FDA-CDRH guidelines as related to biocompatibility testing.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an international medical device company.
Apply: For more information or to apply for this Toxicologist position, please contact Jocelyn Blackham on 0041 (0)782 516 595 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job ref 49007.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in Switzerland.